Suffering an injury while working offshore on the Gulf Coast can be a traumatic experience. If this has happened to you or someone you know, understand that you will need the best Houston Offshore Accident Attorney. Such incidents, often due to unsafe conditions on oil rigs and platforms, are sadly frequent. Before agreeing to any compensation from your employer, it’s crucial to consult a Houston offshore accident attorney who is well-versed in the intricacies of maritime incidents.
Your safety should never be compromised for your job. At Grimes & Fertitta, the team of offshore accident attorneys combines tenacity, empathy, and expertise in maritime law to offer you the best legal counsel.
Knowing the risks of Offshore Accidents:
Oil industry jobs, particularly offshore, come laden with risks associated with heavy machinery, explosive substances, and hazardous chemicals. While OSHA sets standards to curb these dangers, accidents remain prevalent. Common occurrences on offshore platforms include:
- Mishaps due to inadequately trained machinery handlers.
- Fires or blasts resulting from mishandled flammable materials.
- Unchecked exposure to hazardous substances.
- Accidents during transport owing to operator errors or equipment malfunctions.
- Slips, trips, and falls are caused by cluttered equipment.
- Falling objects injure workers.
When such misfortunes strike, reach out to an offshore injury attorney immediately. Your injuries might be the result of negligence, making you eligible for compensation beyond standard worker’s benefits, which often overlook aspects like emotional distress or wrongful death.
Moreover, hazards aren’t restricted to offshore sites. If you’ve faced harm from a pipeline or plant explosion on land, our team at Grimes & Fertitta is here to assist.
Typical Offshore Accident Injuries
The impact of your injury is significant, irrespective of its cause. Potential injuries from offshore platforms range from:
- Back-related injuries.
- Traumas from fallen equipment.
- Fractures or amputations due to machinery.
- Burns and respiratory problems from fires.
- Illnesses from exposure to dangerous substances.
With over 4,000 reported injuries in the oil field annually, the risks are undeniable. Don’t let employer negligence add to your troubles; contact a Houston offshore accident attorney to advocate for your rights.
Understanding Damages from Offshore Accidents
Although Texas offers “no-fault” worker’s compensation, it often falls short of covering all damages you might wish to pursue in a personal injury lawsuit. Types of damages that can be sought include:
- Special compensatory damages, covering medical costs, property damage, and wage losses.
- General compensatory damages for pain, emotional distress, and physical limitations post-accident.
- Wrongful death damages including funeral costs, financial contributions, and companionship loss.
- Punitive damages to discourage repeated negligence, though rare in injury cases.
Why Choose a Houston Offshore Accident Attorney from Grimes & Fertitta?
Navigating the nuanced terrains of maritime and personal injury law requires skilled hands. By choosing our team, you are ensuring that your family gets the compensation they deserve without the added stress of legal battles. Our devoted attorneys at Grimes & Fertitta treat every case as a family matter, going above and beyond to secure justice for you.
For professional guidance and a free consultation, contact Grimes & Fertitta today at (713) 322-8133 or visit our online portal.
You can share your thoughts and knowledge on this topic in the comments section below.